Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Whirlpool front load washer has eror codes E03 and

F05...I can not open the... Show More
F05...I can not open the door and don't know what the problem is or how to clear the codes. please help!!
Category: Appliance
replied 1 year ago.

So this error means that your door latch has failed which would explain why the door won't open. The door will need to be manually unlocked so you can open the door. You will need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.

Now you can try the washer again and see if it works, but if not then you need to replace the latch. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?