Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The corner of my cooktop is broke. Someone told me the glass

Customer Question

The corner of my cooktop is broke. Someone told me the glass top can be replaced. About how much is it for a technician to replace it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So yes, the glass can be replaced and it's part number WB61X10008. The problem is that the part alone is about $1000 and a technician will charge another $200 for trip and labor to replace it, so generally it's best to just buy a new cooktop downdraft unit, but that is completely up to you of course.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?