Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

A drum roller is squeaking very bad, how do I remove the

Customer Question

A drum roller is squeaking very bad, how do I remove the front lower panel to access the rollers?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You must remove the entire front panel and the drum in order to access the roller unfortunately. Can you take a picture of your dryer and use the paper clip button to attach the picture so I can see what dryer you have since your model is Canadian and can't be looked up on-line to see how to access it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the front of the dryer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Perfect. So the lower front panel is held on by 2 hidden metal spring clips in the seam between the upper front panel and the lower front panel. Slide a putty knife or a flat head screwdriver into the seam over top of these 2 clips and pry down on the clips to release them. Then the lower front panel will pull forward and hinge down exposing a few screws going into the upper front panel in the bottom right and left corners. There are also 2 screws coming form the inside of the dryer in the upper right and left hand corners of the front panel you'll need to remove. Then you can disconnect the springs going to the door and unplug the door switch and remove the front panel. That will allow you to disconnect the belt below the drum and pul the drum out so you can replace the squeaky wheel.

Now these clips are about 3-5 inches from the right and left side inside the seem so you can't really see them, but this is where they will be located so you can pry down on them.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?