Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kenmore 110.27612600. It will agitate and fill but

Customer Question

Hi Mike. I have a Kenmore 110.27612600. It will agitate and fill but will not spin. I replaced the clutch and the plastic piece that drives the brake cam and I have snapped 3 plastic brake cam pieces. When I turn the piece by hand it rotates and releases the brake fine. I also checked to make sure that the brake cam is engaging the rollers of the brake and not the bracket. It does this all modes of operation. Delicate, etc. I had the schematic once but I think it got washed in a load at the laundromat. It seems like before it would ramp up the speed of spin and now it just goes like full blast and shears the plastic piece then makes a tick tick tick noise after shearing it. Tim
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

So the brake releases fine and you can spin the tub freely correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can spin the tub freely.

Are you certain it is together properly I have worked on thousands of these and never have seen or heard of an issue like that.

This piece right the brake release cam?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went and looked at it again the only thing I can think of is the clutch is binding and not being eased up by the plastic piece during the acceleration during the start of spin. Is there a special way that the brake cam plastic piece must be installed into the clutch section? There is like a slot on the piece.

Why don't you just install a brand new brake assembly in the unit?