Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I need to replace refrigerator seal RM2453/2553. Can you

Customer Question

I need to replace refrigerator seal for my RM2453/2553. Can you please help. At the moment I can't even get the old seal off without tearing the door apart. Does the whole door inside (including seal and molded internal) come out and then re-silicone back?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here, I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get you an accurate diagnosis.

These should just push into a channel track around the door frame perimeter. You should just peel out the old one, make sure the channel is clear and push in the new one..YOu can use some Glass cleaner spray on the backside of the new gasket to get it to slide into the channel easier. It is just a press in gasket. Also you may want to warm up the gasket with a hairdryer for a bit to make it nice and soft to work with. There is no glue needed or you should not use any.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid and credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks