Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kenmore elite washer with error code 0E. I drained

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore elite washer with error code 0E . I drained the water, checked hoses for clogs and even replaced the pump motor but still come up with the error. What do I do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here, I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get you an accurate diagnosis.

Do you have the complete model number off the tag..that is only a partial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
794 41072310

Does the drain pump run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No- when I go to start it the door locks the wash button start flashing and then several minutes later I get the 0E error again

Ok have you checked the wiring from the drain pump to the board, I have seen a broken wire to them a few times..If not you have a bad board. Here is a link to the board as they go bad for that issue a lot as well.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid and credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They go bad for what issue?

The pump relay goes bad on the board...then no power to the pump

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the whole board needs to be replaced?
Is it the large control panel in the top back left wall?

Yes as they are covered in an epoxy gel and you can not solder in new parts...that link is the board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The link you sent me says they are back ordered. Any idea where else I can get the part?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are two different part numbers. The second link is $100 more. Can I search other reputable sites for the first? I can't see a picture so don't know if you sent me the incorrect link the first time?

I looked everyone has it on backorder...I could not find one in stock and Sears may not even have it.