Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Refrigerator fan is continuously blowing

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here, I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get you an accurate diagnosis.

Ok the fan is blowing all the time, but is there a cooling issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cooling issue. The fan just keeps blowing and is making a very loud noise

Ok that fan does run a lot and if there is an issue with it it will run non stop. If it is making noise the fan is either bad or the fan blade may be hitting something, either way this sounds like you will need a new fan motor for the unit. There are two fan motors, the left one is for the icemaker and the middle on the freezer. Here is a link to both to purchase.

CLICK HERE FREEZER FAN

CLICK HERE ICEMAKER FAN

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks