Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

When I attempt to start my dryer I get an error message

Customer Question

When I attempt to start my dryer I get an error message "F01".
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, unfortunately this is a common issue on these units. The error code indicates a shorted control board. You can try to unplug the dryer for 2-3 minutes but I doubt it will reset it. 99% of the time the control board on the top left of the dryer needs to be replaced. If you're handy, you can make this repair. Let me know if you want the part number for the board. It's roughly $150.I work on the honor system here at Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answers positively. Rating my answer positively pays me for my answer or answers. I’m here working to get paid.. Please remember to rate my answers positively before you log off. Thank you