Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My sears best Kenmore extra capacity heavy duty model 4291

Customer Question

my sears best Kenmore extra capacity heavy duty model 4291 fill censor won't work the water keeps filling and it won't go to wash cycle it does overflow and keeps on going big mess bigger hassles I looked at the area the small screw/bolt is hitting the white hockey puck shaped device that goes in and out in is full out is less it moves but the machine doesn't register it I rent and he is useless
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Inside the control panel is a pressure switch which is the only switch that has a rubber hose going to it. There is a rubber hose between the switch and the bottom of the tub and possibly this hose was disconnected from the switch or the tub, or possibly there is a hole in the hose, or possibly the pressure switch has just failed. Either way you'll need to disconnect the hose from the pressure switch and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If it's clear and both sides are connected and the hose doesn't have a hole, you'll need to replace the pressure switch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?