Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have the f35 error sud on my maytag 5000 series washer. I

Customer Question

i have the f35 error sud on my maytag 5000 series washer. I have cleaned out the drain which was blocked with some cloth. Still did not work. Ordered and replaced the pressure sensor. still not working. Don't know what else to do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately on these newer Maytag front load washers, when you get both F35 and SUD the pressure switch is not the culprit. The actual issue is the main control board called the CCU which is mounted to the right side wall up above the washer tub in the front right corner. The CCU will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. To access the part, it's the same as replacing the pressure switch, just remove the top panel above the washer. I'm very sorry about the bad news, the part is about $200, but that is definitely going to be your problem.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?