Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our start button is not working on our dryer.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there are really only 2 things that can cause your issue which would be the control board or the belt switch. Since you were able to press and hold the start button and sometimes it would work, the belt switch isn't the issue so the control board would need to be replace as suspected I'm sorry to say. The part number is *****

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?