Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My frigadaire washer's lights keep coming on on their own as

Customer Question

My frigadaire washer's lights keep coming on on their own as though it's in mid cycle but it's not?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can see what might cause this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would I find that? There's a number inside the detergent dispenser. Is that it? I have also tried unplugging it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The model number would be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's FTF2140FS1
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect thank you. Since the touch pad and main control board are all one part on this unit, it makes this very straight forward for diagnosing because the only thing that can turn the washer's lights on is the main control unit. On other models you'd have to test between the touchpad and control board to determine which has failed, but on this model number it's all one part so it doesn't matter. Either way, the part is about $190 unfortunately and it's the board behind the front control panel where you push the buttons to turn the washer on. This is the only thing that can cause the washer to light up and turn on without you telling the washer to by pushing buttons so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace. It's all plug and play so if you're handy you can definitely replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?