Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a bosch oven, 3 years old, and it is blinking "E 107"

Customer Question

I have a bosch oven, 3 years old, and it is blinking "E 107" and will not warm.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

E107 means that your door lock motor has failed which hopefully your latch isn't in the locked position right now. If it is, then try to flip the breaker off to the oven and see if it unlocks. If nothing resets the door lock, then you just need to manually open the door and replace the door latch assembly. It's not easy to manually unlock the door. You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the panel in front of the door latch and replace the latch assembly.

Now if the door lock is not actually locked right now, try to wiggle the latch hook to see if it will get it to unstick. Flip the breaker off for 60 seconds and try the oven again. If you still get E107, the latch needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

only respond on this question to avoid being charged twice. But yes I have made sure you're not signed up for a monthly subscription, just this one question so when you rate my service this is the only time you should be charged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. my door is not locked. i can open it and i'm assuming the latch is at the top of the oven. it does not move willingly. what do you mean when you say 'flip breaker'?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. The latch is at the top of the door and it's not supposed to move willingly since it's attached to a drive motor, but sometimes if you wiggle it it will unstick it.

As for flipping the breaker, I'm talking about the circuit breaker on your house. You can either unplug the oven or flip the breaker off for 60 seconds to see if the electronics and latch will reset.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?