Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I can no longer turn one of my burner knobs to the open

Customer Question

I can no longer turn one of my burner knobs to the open position. Its frozen somehow.
Bosch 5 burner gas cooktop JGP975SEK2SS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the burner knob will no longer turn, then the gas valve which the knob is attached to has seized up and needs to be replaced. You can not take the valve apart and try to re-align anything inside because that will result in a gas leak. These valves are not designed to be taken apart. The valve will just need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. Just order the burner valve you need which is part 313-317 on the diagram in the link below.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?