Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Bosch dishwasher sergeant cup does not open to release

Customer Question

My Bosch dishwasher sergeant cup does not open to release the detergent for the wash
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the dispenser lid is still closed at the end of the cycle, then it sounds like your dispenser itself has failed. The actuator for the dispenser is a small solenoid triggered by a small circuit board on the back of the dispenser and over time the humidity that gets in the door will often cause the dispenser to stop working. Either way, below is a link to the dispenser you'll need to order and replace for your model. To access the part, just flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and open the door. Remove all the screws going down vertically around the border of the inner door liner and remove the 2 screws coming in from the side up by the control panel. Do NOT remove the screws going into the hinges coming in from the sides down at the bottom of the door. The front panel will pull off and then you'll see the dispenser inside. The dispenser is just held in by several stainless steel tabs which you pry on with a small eye glass screwdriver to release and then the dispenser pushes in through the door to remove it and replace it.

CLICK HERE for dispenser

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?