Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Our Samsung gas range is just 3 years old and not anymore

Customer Question

Our Samsung gas range is just 3 years old and not anymore working. the model is FX710BGS. It is showing SE on the screen. My husband followed the instructions on the manual for the basic troubleshooting (disconnecting power for 30 seconds and then, turn on) but did not work. Please help us. I really appreciate it so much.
Bebet Chua
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the SE error code indicates a faulty keypad. The keypad senses a stuck or shorted key. Try pressing each button in one at at time. I doubt that will fix it but it's worth a shot. If that does not fix it, you need the part in the link below. It's roughly $60 plus shipping. Click Here For Part

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in the office and leaving from here in 2 hours. When I get home, I will try to follow the instructions you provided by pressing all keys in the keypad and get back to you for the result.Thanks. Bebet

If pressing them in does not work, you need a new touch pad:( The part in the link provided above.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried pressing each key but did not work. I will let my husband know if he needs to buy your recommended part to replace. My husband is still out of town and will be back Tuesday. Thank you .

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you my answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask additional questions for no additional charge. Thanks

Yes, you need a new touch pad to fix this issue for sure. I've seen it multiple times.