Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My gas oven doesn't work and the "door" light is on. Is this

Customer Question

my gas oven doesn't work and the "door" light is on. Is this an easy fix, or do I need to call a repair person?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can see how your door light assembly is configured?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gw395leps00
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK so the "door switch" is actually built into the latch assembly on this model which is mounted below the cooktop and difficult to access. The switch itself is likely the culprit but it's mounted by rivets and not designed to be replaced separately which means that the entire latch assembly would need to be replaced if it has failed. You can open the door and locate the door latch above the oven and push on the door switch lever just to the left or right of the latch to see if it's just stuck and you can get it to actuate properly again. Other than that, the latch assembly would need to be replaced which is about $100-120 for the part.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?