Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My washer mod# MVWB750WR will not do anything but lock the

Customer Question

my washer mod# ***** will not do anything but lock the lid. if left for a while , will get "LD" code
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the pressure switch is not resetting. This is because the water level is not dropping correctly or fast enough.

You most likely have a clogged drain motor. The motor could be faulty. The only way to tell is to bail the water, tip the machine back against the wall, and remove the pump from the bottom. Once the pump is off you can make sure the impeller inside the pump is spinning freely to extract the water. If no debris is inside, replace the pump because it's faulty. If you would like the part number, let me know.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have gotten most of the water out, but it still will not do anything. how do i reset it so it will try to drain.

You will need to test the drain pump for proper voltage with a field meter. It sounds like the pump is either clogged with debris or faulty. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you my answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask additional questions for no additional charge. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no voltage at the pump

If that's the case, the control is shorted.