Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I own an LG WM2455H which I purchased new at least 10 years

Customer Question

I own an LG WM2455H which I purchased new at least 10 years ago. More or less a month ago the washer started making loud rapping noises during the spin cycle. Then last week it died and won't start. I called customer service and was advised to reset the machine. After resetting the machine (took it off the plug), then held the start button for 5 seconds and then plugging the machine again, it worked and was able to do 2 wash cycles. Then my younger sister started another wash cycle and it stopped with error code EE. (the manuel says that there is Control error; to unplug the machine and call the technician. Then water spilled on the floor. I cleaned the drain and the floor and plugged the machine on hoping that it will work but it did not. Do you think that this washing machine is repairable or should I buy a new one.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The washer is definitely repairable, but the control board you will need to order and replace is about $150 so it's not a cheap fix at all. The error EE is definitely a bad main control board and eventually it will stop powering up at all but below is a link to the control board you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?