Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

22 cu ft Model KFCS22EVMS2. Freezer temperature on control

Customer Question

22 cu ft Model KFCS22EVMS2. Freezer temperature on control states 16 degrees and will not reset to 0 degrees .
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kitchenaid refrigerator
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here, I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing,researching and adding links takes me time to do so. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get you an accurate diagnosis.

Can you see if the fan is running in the freezer? Also if it is can you pull the unit out and remove the lower panel behind the unit and see if the compressor is running?

If the compressor is hot and not running, but the fan is you likely have a bad compressor relay. If tat is the case you should move your food to some coolers and shut the unit down as it will not be cooling anymore for sure.