Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

WE have a side beside fridge yrs and last month it has quit

Customer Question

WE have a side beside fridge for ten yrs and for the last month it has quit dispensing ice, it still makes ice but it looks like something is leaking behind the ice been is leaking and freezing, what could that be and where is it coming from
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

The fill tube to the icemaker may have some ice build up on it or is not in the right position, that will cause some water that would normally go into the icemaker to splash outside and freeze up where you are seeing it I would check that out as it would be the most likely issue, you can use a hairdryer to defrost the line and make sure it is positioned correctly to repair it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I noticed this question was still open, all I ask is please rate my service 3 stars or higher using the star rating system thanks!