Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a refrigerator that stopped dispensing water. I have

Customer Question

I have a refrigerator that stopped dispensing water. I have replaced the water valve. When I activate it now, I get water back from the filter but the line to the dispense seems clogged
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fgub2642lf7
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I do not know this model so I will opt out and another expert will chime in if they can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when will another join?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

OK can you remove the quick connector on the water line where it enters the door hinge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far I have verified that the water goes thru the filter housing and comes back out.From there, that line goes into the back of the Frig and 2 more lines come out and back into the valve.I have checked the line from the valve to the dispense head and it is clear

The line is probably frozen in the wall, very common on that unit. You need to defrost the unit to get it clear again. It is really the only way to clear it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Defrost the whole rwfrigerator ??

To clear the line that is the only way to do it, you will never get the line clear otherwise, you can try to set the refrig and freezer temps to the warmest for 24 hours and see if it clears by itself.

I noticed this question was still open, all I ask is please rate my service 3 stars or higher using the star rating system thanks!