Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidaire model FPRU19F8RF. Last night we had two

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire model FPRU19F8RF. Last night we had two power failures. This morning the refrigerator was shutting off, given the power failure alert and then starting back up. It was happening about every 5 minutes. We unplugged it for 10 minutes to attempt to reset and it was fine for a little while. Now it has started again, although the timing is no longer consistent and generally more wide spread (probably 15-20 minutes or so). It is running in between these spells. We have tried the alarm reset on the panel and that has not helped either. Any other options to correct this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately your display board (which is like the mother board on this unit) has just shorted out form the power outage. You would need to order and replace that front display board to fix the issue so below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?