Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Viking professional /custompanal built in

Customer Question

I have a Viking professional /custompanal built in refrigerator freezer that has been leaking water from the bottom left hand side of the freezer. The pull out drip pan is dry. There is ice on the bottom of the freezer as well. Is the ice maker leaking or could it be a problem with the seal along the door itself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is not a problem with the seal along the door. The issue is that your drain line has clogged. You'd need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the entire drawer on your freezer. The back panel in your freezer is what you are trying to get at. There will be many screws going into the back panel that you need to remove because you must remove the back panel inside your freezer itself. This will expose a silver evaporator and a drain trough below it. There is a drain hold in the middle of the drain trough and it's clogged so you'll need to thaw it out with a hair dryer and turkey baster with hot water. Then either blow compressed air down the drain hole or get a pipe cleaner and clean down the drain hole so that the issue doesn't come back.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?