Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

I have a GE spacemaker microwave that will not shut off

Customer Question

I have a GE spacemaker microwave that will not shut off until the door is opened. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Place a cup of water in the microwave while it is running and see if it is heating please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT HEATS
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Either one of your 3 door switches has failed, or the display control board has a shorted relay. You need to test the 3 door switches and if one of them is bad, replace it. Otherwise you need a new display control board. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test door switches if you have a multimeter.

VIDEO

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave and give me at least a 3 star rating. . If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Im' sorry I read that wrong. You said it DID heat so this means only one thing will cause this and that is the display board. It's sending out power to the magnetron without the microwave being turned on. You will need to replace it to have the unit working properly again.