Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Just replaced the drain pump on a may tag bravos mct washing

Customer Question

just replaced the drain pump on a may tag bravos mct washing machine. the washer was not draining and is now working with the new drain pump installed. However, now it sounds like it is going through cycles when draining. It drains and completes all the cycles but make a loud noise that goes on and off through the drain cycle. My next move is to remove the new drain pump and check again for obstructions. could it be anything else?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue.

What noises are you hearing? Please describe them the best you can

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the pump is loud and sounds like it is cycling on and off or going through cycles on and off while the drum is draining. it is not necessarily pulsating more like on and off. the noise is not grinding on anything like that.

Does it sound like something is caught in the pump? Something was going on with the site I just received this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats what i think. it sounds like it is trying to run on and off. didn't know if there could be something else that i did not catch?

OK see if you have something stuck in it, I have found often something else from the black elbow area gets sucked in to the pump...had it happen many times even after checking carefully!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks