Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a dishwasher problem. How much do I pay if I am

Customer Question

I have a dishwasher problem. How much do I pay if I am satisfied?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it looks like you picked a question worth $28.

If you'd like to move forward, what is the make and model number?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I didn't pick anything because it looked liked all my choices involved a recurring billing which was not what I was expecting. Now that they have billed me despite my not having finished the process I might as well proceed!
The Dishwasher is the Whirlpool GU2600CXTPB3

Hi, what exactly is going on with the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dishwasher only runs for 16 minutes. We have reset multiple times and reset after switching the breaker on & off but nothing has worked thus far.

It completely shuts down? Do you see water in the bottom when it shuts down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it had drained. Last night we ran it on Pots & Pans to try a different approach and after 19-20 minutes its showed "71" on the readout then switched to "2" and after the two minutes counted down it shut off. It now will not reset which we have been doing for a week or so to get it to work at all. Now the heated dry light is stuck on and the clean light flashes 3 times, stops, then repeats.

Hi, sounds like your touch pad is shorted. Try holding the heated dry button in for 3-5 seconds. If that does not reset it, the touch pad would need to be replaced because it's shorted.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turns out the keypad lock had gotten set somehow. Once I unlocked it it ran for the usual amount of time. After it stopped the light was flashing seven times. So I guess I need to check the heating. Entry water is hot enough, I haven't checked continuity yet. Any other suggestions?

Yes, holding the heated dry button in locks and unlocks it. The wires on the element are loose/shorted or you have a faulty element. Two most common issues.

Thank you