Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ihave a Whirlpool Cabrio gas dryer that won't start. The

Customer Question

Ihave a Whirlpool Cabrio gas dryer that won't start. The start button flashes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here, I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get you an accurate diagnosis.

Is the door switch working correctly? If you Open the door and push the start button does it do the same thing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door switch seems to be working fine. Yes, it does the same thing with the door open.

Ok that has all the indication of a bad door switch though, the switch may be working for the light, but when it flips off the light the contact engages for the motor circuit, that switch is likely bad! Here is a link to the part for you!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid and credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me just verify one thing with you first, the start button doesn't feel like it can be depressed. Do you still think it could be the door switch?

AHHHH ok, that helps a lot! YEs that is a super common issue as well, the cheap plastic yoke tabs break off on the interface board...then the you can not touch the switch...now you can either buy a new console to fix it...very expensive...or what I do is take apart the console, remove the interface board to get at tabs where all the buttons are and Hot Glue the broken tab back on the mounts...The glue allows for flexibility and works great!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would you approximate the cost to replace the console?

Here you go, they offer a full 1 year warranty NO HASSLE return policy!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you very much!

Yes for sure!