Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE Washer WJRE55000g2WW. When I press the start

Customer Question

I have a GE Washer WJRE55000g2WW. When I press the start button and close the lid the washer will fill and start to agitate at the same time. If I leave the lid open until it is through filling with water and then close the lid it then starts agitating. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here, I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get you an accurate diagnosis.

Ok one minute while I pull up your model.

OK does it fill up to the correct water level though?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok lets try to reset the board, unplug the unit for 1 minute and plug it back in and see if it still does that..let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still doesn't worki

OK can you get into the console to get at the pressure switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK can you get at the pressure switch and unplug and start a cycle and see if it still agitates right away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still does it

Ok that is a common issue as the board on the motor is bad....CLICK HERE FOR PART, they offer a 1 year full NO HASSLE return policy so you do not need to be worried about returning it or be worried you are stuck with an expensive part.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid and credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks