Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Front Load Amana Washer NRW7200TW11 and the door

Customer Question

I have a Front Load Amana Washer NRW7200TW11 and the door lock is not working. I ordered a new door strike as the old one was clearly broken but this did not work. Now it won't even close properly with the new door strike. I know I could order the whole assembly behind it but it did work with the old door strike until it broke. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Most of the time when the door strike breaks, it breaks because the door lock fails. Even if that isn't why the strike broke, there isn't going to be anything you can do at this point but replace the entire door latch since it's just not locking the door and the door strike has been replaced.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?