Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Slide in range. Did a self clean half way through

Customer Question

I have a Slide in range. Did a self clean half way through the cycle it displayed a F 30 code. 24 hours later door is still locked. I had a repair man come over he tried everything to get the door to open. After two hours he said I need to go shopping for a new range because he can't fix it without opening the door. Do you have any suggestions? I really don't want to have to buy a new one.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F30 means that your oven sensor has shorted. This happens during self clean sometimes. You'll need to pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel. You can unplug the oven sensor and plug a new sensor in and that will unlock the door. You would need the model number to get the correct oven sensor however so that could be difficult to get.

It's not easy to manually unlock the door. You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can get the model number. Now I do want to also add that you may need something stronger than a coat hanger to manually open the door. If you have an "L-shaped" tool like a cotter pin puller or allen wrench, that might give you the added strength to be able to pull on the latch and release it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?