Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore refrigerator. 't know how old it came with

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore refrigerator. Don't know how old it came with the home we bought.
Coldspot Side by Side
Model 106.53552202
Manuf Date 2002.09 (I assume Sept 2002)
The control panel lights haven't really worked since we got it but we were out of town and when we got back the lights were on (but we can't seem to adjust them) and there is a solid high-pitched sound (quiet when refrigeration door is closed).
Is there a sensor or something that I should change?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately your circuit board appears to have failed worse than it already had been acting up in the past. There is not a sensor issue causing this problem, the display board in the control panel will need to be ordered and replaced because it has just failed. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.