Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GSH25JSXBSS refrigerator how can i turn the defrost on.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The only way to turn the defrost on manually is to pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the 8" x 10" sheet metal panel on the back of the refrigerator. The control board will be visible and then you'll need to locate the plug with 3 or 4 thick wires going to it. Unplug this plug and put a jumper wire between the wires that go to LINE and DEF on the control board (the jumper wire is going into the plug not the control board just to be clear). With the jumper wire installed and the plug still disconnected from the board, plug the refrigerator in and it will be in defrost mode until you remove the jumper wire.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?