Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have whirlpool model gbs307, built in oven, getting error

Customer Question

have whirlpool model gbs307, built in oven, getting error code E2 F-5-and the door locks. push cancel and when it cools, door unlocks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F5 E2 means that your door latch assembly is failing. This generally occurs when the latch switches start to heat up and then they make or break contact when they aren't supposed to so the control board gets confused and doesn't know if the door is locked or not. Either way, you'll need to order and replace the door latch assembly to fix the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?