Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

What type of electric cooler can I buy to keep my food

Customer Question

What type of electric cooler can I buy to keep my food frozen for a few days? I would like something I can get from walmart
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you are looking for a cooler to keep frozen foods for that long, you will need to get one with a compressor. The thermoelectric ones will keep it cold but not frozen. They are only good for about 40* below ambient temperature. Frozen food will keep a bit colder but will thaw within the time you require it to stay frozen.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Kelly. Thanks for the answer.
To finalize it let me ask you:
-with a regular insulated cooler if I add dry ice to it instead of regular ice won't it keep food frozen?
-is there a luggage that is a cooler also? I am a bodybuilder and when I travel I like to bring my food packed with me. Having a luggage that is a cooler would make it more practical
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There are luggage coolers, but they are not electric. Dry ice will work to keep the food frozen, though, you bet! It is not messy, of course, either. See the link below.

CLICK HERE