Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

Maytag washmachine MAXIMA STEAM 10 yr warranty Direct Drive

Customer Question

Maytag washmachine MAXIMA STEAM 10 yr warranty Direct Drive Motor Model #MHW7100DWO Serial # ***** - The machine gives F05 followed by E02 I've cleaned all around the gray rubber = have no clothes in machine. When touch power it just gives a continuing clicking sound, and will not start. I touched Power/cancel again, still nothing. But clicking noise. I sent this on Friday. I was told to get a whirepool Duet part for the door. Is this correct?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

F05 E02 is a door locking error which you probably already know. If you have made sure nothing is jamming the door then you will need to replace the locking mechanism. You can try to unplug the unit for 10 minutes and see if that resets the board, if it doesnt replace the lock mechanism,.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave and give me at least a 3 star rating. . If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged for 24 hours, I got the same message F05 followed by E02 . Since this has not worked, how do order the lock mechanism?
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

CLICK HERE to order part and please don't forget to rate me a 3 star at the top of you page.