Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a kitchen aid dishwasher that does not seem to get

Customer Question

We have a kitchen aid dishwasher that does not seem to get the dishes clean. There is detergent left over in the dispenser. When you open the door during the wash cycle the water is just trickling out. We took the jets off and the screen underneath and there is no debris and jets are all clear. Wondering what to do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what screen you checked, but there is a disposal screen down below inside the sump that can get clogged causing this problem. Either this screen is clogged or the main circulation pump is just going bad and not creating the pressure needed so the circulation pump will need to be replaced. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to access and clean the disposal screen in case this is not the screen you tried to clean yet. If it's clean and it still won't pump properly, you need to replace the circulation pump.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?