Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ice is being dispensed but wont fall out. seems as if the

Customer Question

ice is being dispensed but wont fall out. seems as if the "trap door" is not opening?
is the "trap door" controlled by electronics?
Jeff
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So yes, the flap is controlled by a dispenser motor inside the dispenser. The part number is ***** and below is a link to the part if you wanted to locate it inside the dispenser.

CLICK HERE for dispenser motor

Most likely this motor has just failed and will need to be replaced, but you'd need to take the dispenser apart and check for any plastic linkage broken between the flap and the dispenser flap motor. If you find nothing wrong and you have a multimeter, you can push the paddle and test power to the motor and you should have 12 volts DC between black and red if the board is good. Otherwise if you don't have a multimeter or you are getting 12 volts, replace the dispenser motor. If you're not getting 12 volts, replace the dispenser control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check out and then rate.
Thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does the motor run and just the ice chute does not open?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Aye, that is correct. The auger motor that pushes the ice is separate from the door flap motor that opens the flap. The auger motor appears to be working but not the door flap motor.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?