Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The water hoses are fine - pressure is fine, the inlet

Customer Question

The water hoses are fine - pressure is fine, the inlet screens are clear. Washer not detecting water - so based upon your description, it reads like the electronic valve is faulting and needs to be replaced. I need to schedule service to do this as our machines are stacked. My wife and I cannot lift off the dryer. How do I get service scheduled.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Is the washer actually filling with water even though it doesn't detect it? If so, then you likely have a bad flow meter which doesn't sense water flowing anymore. If water really isn't filling then you are correct that you likely have a bad valve.

The dryer will need to be removed to replace either part because they are both under the top panel of the washer so if you needed to schedule service, you'll want to call 1.***-***-****.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Washer is not filling at all. It's not sensing water. Sounds like an silly component that should not go bad. We've another another much cheaper model for 10 years with 0 incidents and we can do a load of laundry in 12 minutes on that thing. These new machines are over hyped, over-priced, and over-promised. I put some "answer" deposit into this service - I presume that will NOT be charged and /or deposit immediately refunded?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately we can't control what fails. You are paying for my time helping you, but yes I agree that you need a new valve as this is not a sensor issue (assuming you have water getting to the washer of course). Keep in mind this is not a free service nor should you treat it or think of it as such. We spend our time to help you and there is nowhere else you can get someone giving you their time on a Sunday afternoon.