Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Laundry caught under agitater

Customer Question

laundry caught under agitater
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon!

So these agitators are actually very difficult to remove. They are only held on by friction, but they do just pull straight up. GE has a tool which is similar to a bicycle inner tube which slides under the agitator and inflates to push the agitator up and off. Since you don't have that tool, you would likely need 2 people to just grab under the bottom of the agitator and pull up really hard.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?