Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I purchased 4 built in Wine Refrigerators CWR461DZ. I had

Customer Question

I purchased 4 built in Wine Refrigerators
CWR461DZ. I had them put into a piece made for them. Two have stopped working as there is not the proper ventillation. Can they be repair. Or have they burned out. Thank you for you time. Nancy Lew Los Angeles, CA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So it's hard to know exactly what's wrong, but you'll want to pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back panel to see the compressor. Touch the compressor and if it's really hot, then maybe unplug the unit for 24 hours to let the unit cool down and try again. If it still doesn't cool, then the compressor has gone bad due to the poor ventilation as you suspected. If the compressor isn't warm at all, then you likely have a bad thermostat not telling the compressor to turn on.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?