Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE Profile PFSS6PKXBSS purchased in 2008 Fridge is

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile PFSS6PKXBSS purchased in 2008
Fridge is cold freezer is not cold and no ice.
The issue started when I've market stopped making ice.
Ice maker works runs cycle but ice won't freeze.
Used compressed air and cleaned coils ext.
Unplugged and reset unit thought it was cooling display read that temp in freezer was cooling but three days later display#s for freezer blinking.
Unplugged and reader again.
Fridge still nice and cold!
Fan is spinning by compressor seems like it's working.
Circuit boards there are two, don't looked burned
What to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here, I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get you an accurate diagnosis.

Ok so you say the refrigerator is normal temp but the freezer does not freeze correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct! Thank you. Sorry for typos.
Re typed
I have a GE Profile refrigerator, PFSS6PKXBSS purchased in 2008.
Fridge is cold. freezer is not cold and no ice. The issue started when ice maker stopped making ice. Ice maker works/ runs cycles but ice won't freeze.
Used compressed air and cleaned coils ect. Unplugged and reset unit, thought it was cooling display read that temp in freezer was cooling but three days later display#s for freezer started blinking. Unplugged and reset again.
Fridge still nice and cold!
Circuit boards there are two, don't looked burned What to do?27 September 2015 02:53

Ok is the fan running in the freezer and can you remove the freezer back wall panel to check the evaporator frost pattern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freezer back wall panel, is that inside the drawer area_?I'll do my best to check

Yes in the drawer area correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check, stand by...

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is air movement
Without removing anything.
The light is also on.
61 degrees
Unbelievable, I can't remove the drawers ugggg.
Sorry

That is ok, if there is air movement you either have a unit that is low on freon or possibly you have a 3 way sealed system valve issue, both of these are major issues and do happen a lot on that unit. So you may want to stop and just wait to get service as this type of issue is not a DIY repair.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid and credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Will do
Thanks

No problem about the issue, these units are complex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does it mean when the freezer temp digits were blinking?
Also, three valve system is that the freon system?

The three way valve is for the freon to direct the freon to one evaporator or the other. The blinking lights mean there is a cooling issue, you can try to unplug the unit for 5 full minutes and plug it back in, sometimes that can clear the issue up and it is worth a try.

Please select a star level for my service thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that it's cleared
So most likely freon issue?
It all stated when ice stopped making.
I press the reset and water cycles but does not freeze.Some lame repair guy came took the cover of the circuit board and said oh they are burned replace them.
I said which one he said both. One for freezer one for ice maker­čśČ
Then left.
What a LAZY scammer.
I researched and the boards look fine.
Nothing burned black grey no order.OK called GE. Hope they don't let me down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry no burnt odor.
Typos­čśĽ

Yes there are a lot of guys out there that have no clue what they are doing the GE techs are pretty good and should get it narrowed down fast for you.