Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool duet model #wfw70hebwi not draining

Customer Question

hi I have a whirlpool duet model #wfw70hebwi not draining properly..I think there is a baby sock stuck...doesnt have a bottom panel where do I get to the drain filter
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You are correct, this unit doesn't have a bottom panel which makes this task incredibly harder. You can thank Whirlpool's focus group for that because they felt the washer looked "cleaner" without having a seam below the door. Unfortunately this is NOT an easy washer to access the drain pump. The entire front panel will need to be removed. That means you need to remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and remove the top panel by pull straight back, up, and off. Pull the dispenser drawer out and if there are any screws going in through this area remove those. Remove the screws coming in from the inside of the washer holding the front control panel on and the control panel will fold forward and pull off. Now remove the screws along the top of the front panel and remove those. There is a wire retaining ring around the front of the rubber door gasket. You need to use a flat head screwdriver and pry this wire ring off so that you can disconnect the rubber door gasket. Remove the screws coming in from below the front panel and the entire front panel comes off to access the drain catch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?