Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

I have the frifidaire gallery series and have no

Customer Question

I have the frifidaire gallery series and have no cooling...my error reads 5Y EF HELP!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

SY EF indicates a Evaporator fan circuit failure.

Check wiring between evaporator fan and control board. Check for 12VDC to fan between red and brown wires. Check for variant voltage (depending on high or low speed) between yellow and brown. If correct replace evaporator fan. If error code still exist, replace control board.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave and give me at least a 3 star rating. . If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave and give me at least a 3 star rating.