Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My panasonic microwave tray continues to rotate even if it

Customer Question

my panasonic microwave tray continues to rotate even if it off and when the door is open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you either have a shorted display control board (this is the mother board for the microwave), or one of the 3 door switch has failed which will also cause these same symptoms. Unfortunately with this microwave, you'll need to un-install it if it's built in and then remove all the screws coming in from the sides and back of the outer shell. The outer shell will then pull straight back, up, and off so that you can access and test the door switches. Below is a video that shows you how to test the door switches, just ignore the access in the video because it's a different style microwave, but testing the switches is the same.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your respond my husband already did it I hope I was not charge for it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean. I responded and gave you your answer 3 days ago. That is when your card was charged.