Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How do I remove the top of a jenn air slide in stove

Customer Question

How do I remove the top of a jenn air slide in stove sve476003b
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Are you replacing the top? You have to remove a lot to get it off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to replace the latch for the door. I cannot get it to work. I have the new latch but I am unable to get to the screws that hold it down

AHHHHH YES been there done that.....ok I did one of those about 6 months ago, I just use a 1/4" ratchet wrench with bit in one end. you can get in there with it to remove the back screws as yes they are a pain to get at and trust me you do not want to remove the top....way more work!

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks