Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kitchenaid refigerator and firge and freezer not

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid refigerator and firge and freezer not cold. there was fuzz build up in the coils under the fridge. cleaned it. the fans work and copressor seems to be working i can hear it. I have the thermistor out of the fridge tested it and it seems to be working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the fans are working and the compressor is running, you either have an inefficient compressor or a freon leak. Neither issue is something you can fix yourself I'm sorry to say. The compressor is about $650 or so and a freon leak is about $450 to have repaired. A technician would have to tap into the sealed system to check the freon pressure in order to determine which issue you have exactly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wouldn't I smell the freon leak?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Freon has no odor whatsoever

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?