Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Barry, I am having trouble with a Kitchenaid 3Phase Embraco

Customer Question

Hi Barry, I am having trouble with a Kitchenaid 3Phase Embraco compressor.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have a Kitchenaid Superba Architect Fridge (kscs25inss00). I replaced all the relays on the Control Board and it is sending 120V AC to the Inverter Box. The old inverter box was replaced because it was only sending ~45V per phase to the compressor. The new inverter box seems to be sending ~160V per phase to the 3 phase embraco compressor but the green LED on the compressor is flashing 4 times. There is no response from the compressor. The compressor measures about 9Ohms per phase and none of the pins are shorted to ground. Does this mean the compressor has gone bad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, the green LED on the inverter box is flashing 4 times repeatedly. Also the red and black control voltage pins on the inverter are reading -6V DC across them.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

The 4 flash code is a locked rotor code, so yes you have a bad compressor on the unit..that happens a lot on that unit.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

If the unit is just dead there is an internal BUS fuse in the unit. You need to remove the shroud on the unit to access it. Once the cover is off just follow the power cord into the unit to get at and replace the bus fuse.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid and credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks