Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Can a timer Model SHU3132UC be replaced with a electrinic

Customer Question

Can a timer for a Model SHU3132UC be replaced with a electrinic panel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the timer is the problem, you can not replace it unless you find one used on Ebay or something like that because the timer hasn't been made for a few years. The part number you'd need is 00269251. That being said, this dishwasher is more commonly known for the thermostat failing and not triggering inside the door. That will stop the washer on wash and hold because it's waiting for the temperature to get up to 162 degrees before advancing so if the water isn't getting up to temperature it just sits there and washes indefinitely. If you wanted to try to replace that part you can replace that part since it's common to fail so they continue to make it.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?