Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an electric hotpoint cooker 62DCW and I need a wire

Customer Question

Good morning I have an electric hotpoint cooker 62DCW and I need a wire diagram for the hob regulator switches I'm wondering if you could help I bough a new switch as one of mine went wrong although it wasn't the same design but hotpoint said it was I wired it in but everything blew turnt the main electric trip box of so I put my old one back in but now when I try to turn the cooker on by the main switch on the wall everything trip out please help me thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the mains are tripping, even with the old switch in place, you have another short besides the switch. have you looked at the other wiring and components to see if they are burnt or shorted? Can you post a picture of the new and old switch, please?